Monday, October 5, 2015

The Lonely Consumer Says Thank You

This time, I was lucky enough to witness the arrival of The Lonely Consumer, who had appeared with his usual attire of broken glasses, casual clothes, and something to peruse while eating his meal. It would be the last time I would get to see this mysterious man, even though it is entirely my fault for never introducing myself to him since he was a regular. The only time we made contact was when he jotted down a short list of tunes to put on for the restaurant's music. Marvin Gaye and Chuck Berry were the only ones I could recall, each followed by a particular track that I've also lost my memory to. When the impromptu tracklist was set to go, I walked by The Lonely Consumer to tend to my work, when he said, "Thank you", with a kind smile - that specific smile that shows that you've made someone's day just a bit brighter; if I left the restaurant with anything good, it would be the tiny yet heartwarming moments that are often looked by.
As a resident of Desolation Row, I leave you with this: if you see that smile, you've done good. If you don't, then make it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment