Monday, February 1, 2016

When Eyebrows Aren't "On Fleek"

A child tears away his frustration toward his incompetent mother, sitting beside him while he rests in his stroller. Clicking away on her smart phone, the mother deliberately worked a few techniques to shut her child's frustration out. The most particular route was placing his blanket over his mouth but not his nose, allowing him to simultaneously shut up and continue a somewhat consistent flow of air to come through. My only issue, aside from worrying about the child, was the mother's disgusting pair of fake eyelashes, which were very distinguishable in comparison to her authentic thick hairs. Cringe-worthy at best, I decided to deviate away from the journalistic observations based on people in a state of melancholy, desolation, forlornness, etc., to head to a different approach that's based on wacky and bizarre characters seen on the train. This case being one them, specifically toward Fleek's eyebrows and negligence toward her child.
I've had my fair share of enjoyable humans that I've remotely encountered on the CTA, but there are a few that fuel my angst in a irrational way, i.e. failing to shut your child's mouth up.
I named her Fleek for obvious reasons. This lady's sense of grooming is more off the rails than a rogue Red Line heading north.

No comments:

Post a Comment