Saturday, October 12, 2019

For Marion

The news was merely delayed when I first heard about it. My mother wanted me to ask my ex why there were so many officers on site near her house, in close proximity to Nagle Avenue. I told her I would, soon discovering that it involved Marion-Mario Tahiraj, a former Taft classmate and cinematographer that I had the pleasure of knowing. I remember back when he brought a vape after getting busted for possession. We shared the brand new pen under the tables at the cafeteria, hoping that the pigs-in-training wouldn't notice our fatuous activities. There was also a time when we were in the same group for a massive history project. We filmed it, with Marion coordinating the camera, music, editing, and further touches to finalize the assignment. Our teacher, Plencner, rewarded us with a B, and to me it was an achievement since no one else was up for making a film in such short time.

After high school, like most of the bastards moving up to higher education, we went our separate ways in an amicable but unacknowledged fashion - we simply stopped talking, no drama in the mix.

College rolls by, breaks in-between, the usual collegiate route.

Then the 18th of January in 2016 comes by, my friend is killed in vehicular warfare with a tree, due to the intoxicated irresponsibility of Mishel Lame, both were admitted into the same hospital, where Marion was pronounced dead.

There's not much I say can about Marion, only that he was sincerely a great guy to be around with. And despite how many times I try to imitate Herbert's voice from Family Guy, Marion would always do it better.

Take it up with whomever is up there, dude.

Much love.

https://link.kikitime.com/post/78e1f1f8-1dbd-4a44-9a8a-e1b053a9eae3

No comments:

Post a Comment