Saturday, October 5, 2019

Heart-stopping Contact

Retrieved Post from Deleted GREAT AMERICAN TRAGEDY Blog, a blog I worked on back in early college.



Heart-stopping Contact


She said that she wanted to look into the storefront to stop for a while in order to catch a breather. I didn't blame her, our lungs desperately needed a break from all of the smoking that we shared.

The storefront showcased three mannequins with different attires, all within the square of bright red to enclose the window's darkness by shoving it away. Whoever was in the back walking from one end of the hallway to the other was oblivious to our stance.

We didn't move much, only to keep our temporarily loose balance intact. But as we stood in front of the window, I caught a glimpse of her everlasting eyes as they stared into mine. I felt the world spinning still for one quick second, I felt my heart stop for two, and the eye contact merely lasted for three. Those three seconds. Those damn three seconds killed my high, because I felt the intensity of instant love, yet I had to ignore it. I was becoming scared of the notion of falling in love in again. Okay, perhaps not scared; perhaps not in the mood or mindset for it. I tried to fight off the thought for a while, but that wonderful image crept back into my mind for the remainder of the night.

She smiled a little and then proceeded to advance our walk, away from the storefront. I shook myself awake from the heart-stopping contact, given the fact that I lost my breath, pulse, and heartbeat altogether.

And the worst thing is, she'll ask me if I'm okay, and I'll continue to lie, like I always have.





Heart-stopping Contact - https://link.kikitime.com/post/44ef17ed-b62d-4d39-8bc7-feb588624d96

No comments:

Post a Comment