Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Bianca's somber ride

It's fairly easy to point out who seldom takes a trip upon the CTA. Sometimes it could be the asshole who hogs up both seats in order to keep their belongings safe, secure, and close to them; mayhap they're frightened by the sight of unwanted wanderers nearby, sauntering in between the continuous rows of passengers and asking for change or to sign some counterfeit papers about a basketball team; even the standing individual by the pair of doors could be riding the train for the first time. Once you notice someone of this kind, you could tell that their CTA cherry has officially been popped.
I recently downloaded a massive game onto my phone: Fallout Shelter, which has kept me pretty preoccupied for whenever time needs to be eliminated swiftly. But a fresh rider caught my attention after completing a collection in the game; big buggy eyes of cognizance and irritation, hands folded in the middle of her lap, and the constant gesture of looking back and forth, you could easily presume that this was her first time on the CTA, mostly due to her disgust of looking at the homeless and anyone who sat right next to you. The fear in her eyes were uncanny, as if a child was lost without her parents in a shopping mall. I didn't spend much time looking at her, for I was still distracted by my mobile game, that and the train had finally reached my stop. As I got up to exit the train, I glanced at her for the final time, and the agitation remained within her.
I named her Bianca, because she reminds me of someone from my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment