Saturday, August 15, 2015

Mr. Jack and the smiling family

Without a book in my hand, I tend to observe my surroundings, mentally marking down potential ideas for my crazy, imaginative mind, a habit I've developed ever since I was a child in order to escape the horrors of man-made reality and devastating boredom. Some time ago, I looked over at a family of four posing for a photo around the kiddie area: a man, wife, and two little girls, all smiling and holding each other close, as if their love was strengthened by the physical presence of all into one admirable pose, no sense of bitterness or rancor. The one that caught my attention the most was the father, Mr. Jack, who immediately looked at his wife, and his face brightened with affection and relief, knowing that he was content with his life and choices that he has made. I couldn't help but smile at this, acknowledging a person's happiness puts me in a state of serenity, knowing that there's still good in this world. Shortly after, the family dispersed in pairs: the two girls went back into the kiddie area, and Mr. Jack and his love sauntered back to their seats after thanking the person for shooting the photograph.
I named him Mr. Jack, because he reminds me of someone from my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment