Monday, August 10, 2015

Eddie and Susie on the CTA

It's a rather difficult task to read a book on the CTA for a number of reasons: the numerous victims of breathing pauperdom causing verbal chaos to the quiet innocence; amongst the destitution road lies heavy bumps that only a seat belt could sit someone without slight interruption; after every stop, the automated announcer reminds everyone everyday of the commonality whilst riding the CTA; obnoxious youngsters taking up the quiet space to discuss their plans for the night, palaver over wooden memories, and intoxications polluting their bodies. Some time ago, I attempted to read once again, until I became disturbed by the insolence of a middle-aged asshole taking up two seats just for himself. Stopping around Addison, an elderly lady found that there was an open seat, so she proceeded toward it, a slight saunter. As she tried to make the middle-aged asshole aware of her necessity, he deliberately ignored her, even after when a bloke told him to move so that she could have a seat. Eventually, she walked away, looking to find herself yet another seat that was given up by a young lad. I couldn't read my book any further; I found myself disgusted by this immoral act from this foul creature. I stared at him for a good fucking minute, possessing dark wishful thoughts.
I named them Eddie and Susie, because they remind me of two individuals from my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment